REGULATIONS OF THE 6TH INTERNATIONAL KAZIMIERAS BILIŪNAS FESTIVAL-COMPETITION FOR SOLOISTS, ENSEMBLES AND ORCHESTRAS OF NATIONAL MUSIC INSTRUMENTS
AIMS AND TASKS
- To pick the best solo performers and collectives of national music ensembles.
- To train the performers’ artistic intelligence and ensemble music performing.
- To promote creative initiative of the performers and pedagogues.
- To popularise the national music instruments and music of Lithuania and neighbouring countries.
- To promote creative collaboration between the neighbouring countries.
- To mark the centenary of a distinguished Lithuanian teacher’s Kazimieras Biliūnas’ birth and honour his memory.
- To use the event to mark 95 years since the establishment of Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire in Klaipėda.
ORGANISERS AND SPONSORS
- Festival-competition is initiated and organised by Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire.
- Festival-competition is sponsored by Lithuanian Arts Council, Arts Academy of Klaipėda University, the Association of National Music “Trimitatis” and folk artist Linas Žulkus.
- The tutor – Loreta Jonavičienė – Head of Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire.
- The coordinator – Regina Baronienė– Project administrator of Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire.
- The organisers:
Vida Zelenienė, teacher methodologist of Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire;
Vytautas Zelenis, teacher methodologist of Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire;
Algytė Merkelienė, lector of the music department of KU Art academy, the president of association of national music „Trimitatis“;
Jurgita Kaubrienė, teacher methodologist of Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas music school;
Loreta Tumanovienė, teacher expert of Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas music school;
Anatolijus Tumanovas, teacher expert of Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas music school.
LOCATION AND TIME
- The location of festival-competition: Concert Hall of Arts Academy of Klaipėda University (K. Donelaičio g. 4) and Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatoire (S.Šimkaus g. 15).
- Festival – competition will be held in 2018, November 30 – December 1.
- Ensembles and orchestras of national instruments from music and art schools, art gymnasiums, children and youth centres, conservatoires, colleges, higher education institutions as well as those who train independently.
Please note: soloists take part only at the invitation from the festival-competition organisers.
- Ensembles are divided into four categories according to their instruments:
- I category – ensembles playing the same national instrument (2-5 performers);
- II category – ensembles playing mixed, national and traditional, instruments (2-5 performers);
- III category – ensembles of national instruments playing various music instruments, except grand piano (2-5 performers, with national instruments playing the main parts);
- IV category – ensembles and orchestras of national instruments (6 or more performers).
- Age groups:
- Ensembles of national instruments:
I group – up to 10 years old;
II group – between 11 and 14 years old;
III group – between 15 and 18 years old;
IV group – between 19 and 25 years old;
V group – from 26 years old.
Please note: the allocated group depends on the oldest member of the ensemble.
17.2. Ensembles and orchestras of national instruments (6 or more performers) – the participants’ age is not limited.
REPERTOIRE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ensembles and orchestras have to perform 2 music compositions of different character. One of them has to be a folk piece or a composition (musical arrangement) written by a national composer.
- The length of repertoire:
I group – up to 5 min;
II group – up to 7 min;
III group – up to 10 min;
IV group – up to 12 min;
V group – up to 15 min.
- Repertoire can be performed using sheet music.
- The auditions of the festival-competition are public.
- Repertoire cannot be changed after submitting the application form.
- The order of performances is set by the festival organisers.
- The concert of the festival-competition, with the permission of the organisers, can be broadcasted live on radio, television or other means, and it can be recorded on video or other media without any additional payment required to the participants of the festival-competition.
- Photographs and information of the festival-competition participants, submitted with the application form, can be distributed by press or online outlets related to the competition.
PARTICIPATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participants have to cover their own travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- Festival-competition participation fee:
Ensemble (2-5 performers) – 15 euros;
Ensemble and orchestra (6 or more performers) – 20 euros.
- Festival-competition participation fee is payable to AB “Swedbank”, account number: LT697300010002330306, company code: 190968528, before 28thof October 2018.
Please put K. Biliūnas festival-competition payment and the title of your collectiveas payment reference.
- Participation fee is non-refundable. Collectives that fail to pay the fee before the date stated above will not be invited to the event.
EVALUATION AND PROMOTION
- Collectives’ performances will be evaluated by a jury commission.
- The makeup of the jury commission will be announced prior to the competition.
- Jury commission’s decisions are final and undisputable.
- The GRAND PRIX award of the festival-competition is 200 euros.
- Participants and winners of the festival-competition as well as their pedagogues will be given thanksgiving letters, diplomas and prizes.
- Required documents:
- a copy of the birth certificate, passport or ID card of the participant;
- filled in application form;
- a digital photo;
- a short description of the collective;
- Application form should state:
- name, address, phone number and e-mail of the learning institution;
- the makeup of the ensemble (competition group);
- participants’ names, surnames, dates of birth, class or course, and instruments;
- teacher’s or leader’s name, surname, pedagogical degree, phone number and email;
- complete titles of the music pieces, composers’ names and surnames, the length of the repertoire.
- Please email your application form to email@example.com before 28thof October 2018.
- Information about festival – competition:
Mob. Phone.:Vida Zelenienė +37068372502;
www.facebook.com/Trimitatis (Association of National Music “Trimitatis”)